- I prefer to work alone.
- I don't like being assigned to a group.
- I prefer to pick my group members and our project topic.
- Some group members are not pulling their weight / I'm doing all of the work.
- I don't want my grade to suffer because of other group members.
- But, that's not fair! Why should they get the same grade as me? Why should my grade suffer because they won't do their share?
Garrison, D. R., Anderson, T., & Archer, W. (2000). Critical inquiry in a text-based environment: Computer conferencing in higher education model. The Internet and Higher Education, 2(2-3), 87-105. http://cde.athabascau.ca/coi_site/documents/Garrison_Anderson_Archer_Critical_Inquiry_model.pdf