The 12th World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning (mLearn 2013) was hosted from October 22-24, 2013, at College of the North Atlantic-Qatar in Doha, Qatar. I served as the Project Manager and Conference Chair for mLearn 2013, which included:
- Coordinating with CNA-Q and the International Association for Mobile Learning on negotiations to host the conference in Doha.
- Creation and maintenance of the conference website, including the delegate registration portal and payment system.
- Marketing of the conference.
- Chair of the international conference program committee, including maintenance of the paper submission system, and coordination of the submission peer-review process.
- Organization of the conference program and agenda.
- Editing and preparation of the conference proceedings for publication through Bloomsbury - Qatar Foundation's QScience Journal Series.
- Identification of and logistical arrangements for keynote speakers and featured panel discussion panelists.
- Organization and scheduling of the International Association for Mobile Learning's 2013 Annual General Meeting.
- Pre-conference and onsite logistics, including coordination of student volunteer team members.
Click HERE to visit the original mLearn 2013 conference website.
Featured Panel Discussion
Tablet Deployment in Higher Education: Lessons Learned and Best Practices
As Conference Chair for mLearn 2013, I also had the pleasure of moderating the conference's featured panel discussion on tablet and mobile technology deployment initiatives from around the world. You can view the full proceedings of the panel discussion below.
mLearn 2013 Panel Discussion (Part 1)
mLearn 2013 Panel Discussion (Part 2)
The works and resources posted to this ePortfolio site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.