- How did you do that?
- What sort of time investment is involved?
- What software did you use?
- How can I do this for my students?
Using Screencast-O-Matic for Video Feedback
Benefits of Video Feedback
- Video form provides higher quality communication with more detail, clearer instructions, and a more personalized approach to education.
- Offers a tool that shines in the “student-centered, intenional learning framework.”
- Video establishes a form of communication preferable to students making them more motivated to act on the feedback.
Power, R. (2020, March 6). Using Screencast-O-Matic to Provide Video Feedback. [YouTube video]. Available from https://youtu.be/Le_ek1aRjdw
Screencast-O-Matic (2019). Screencast-O-Matic: Video Creation for Everyone. [Web page]. Available from https://screencast-o-matic.com/
Stannard, R. (2018, August 10). Using technology to improve the way we give feedback to students. [YouTube video]. Available from https://youtu.be/YMpcawBR5uk
Technology for Teachers and Students (2016, December 26). Screencast-O-Matic Tutorial - FREE Screen Recording Tool. [YouTube video]. Available from https://youtu.be/s1jIPo1bWCo
West, J., & Taylor, W. (2015). Enhancing the assessment experience: improving student perceptions, engagement and understanding using online video feedback. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 53(4), 400-410. Available from https://doi.org/10.1080/14703297.2014.1003954