Augmenting a treasARmap
The treasARmap map was created using the Canva free online poster and infographic creation suite. It was then "augmented" using a free HP Reveal Studio account.
Stage 2: Getting Started with HP Reveal
Adding Delays and Conditional Triggers
This video shows how to add timer delays to your trigger images, and how to set layer images so that they remain hidden until the user performs specific actions.
Creating Branching Triggers
In this video, we build upon the conditional triggers concept, and use layer images to create branching scenarios for users.
Do It Yourself
Click on the link below to download a starter pack of images you can use to make your own version of the treasARmap.
- Login to HP Reveal Studio (or create an account, if you do not have one yet).
- Create a new "Aura" by uploading the treasARmap poster background that you created in Canva.
- Add 3-4 "layer" images to your treasARmap "aura."
- Try adding the following actions to your "layer" images:
- Have one layer trigger a YouTube video.
- Have one layer link to a Google Form.
- Have all but one of your layers "hidden" when your treasARmap is first scanned.
- Add a delayed "trigger" to one of your layers, so that it appears at a set time after another layer.
- Add a "trigger" to one layer, so that when it is clicked, one or more of your other layers appear.
- Create a "branching trigger," where two layer images are visible, and the map changes (with different additional layers appearing) based on the trigger layer selected by the user.
- Save your completed treasARmap.
- Preview your completed treasARmap, and download the "target image." Give it an appropriate filename!
- Open the image you downloaded, and test it using the HP Reveal app!
Additional Useful Tutorials